Free group walks across Oxfordshire, designed to get you out and about.
By Health Walker, Judy
“They might be called Health Walks, but they’re more Walk & Talk! These free walks take place in eight locations across the city (Jericho to Donnington, Bury Knowle to Summertown and more) and attract a wonderfully diverse mix of people who are all there to enjoy the fresh air, chat away and potentially have a cup of tea after. Led by a trained volunteer leader, each route has been designed to be suitable for beginners or those returning to exercise as they are taken at a distance and pace suitable for everyone. I attended the Jericho walk and all abilities were catered for with care.”
If you’re thinking about attending but want some more reassurance, I like the videos that the Council has created about the walks: https://www.oxford.gov.uk/info/20278/sports_and_physical_activities/725/health_walks_in_oxford.
Free to attend, various locations across Oxfordshire:
- Mondays (every other Monday from 15 April 2019) – 1.30pm – Rose Hill – Meet inside the Reception area, OX4 4HF
- Mondays – 10am – Meet at Talking Shop Cafe in Sandford OX4 4YN
- Tuesdays – 10am – Countryside ‘n’ Cobbles – Meet inside Oxford Town Hall Cafe (if unsure where the cafe is, please ask at the Town Hall Reception) , OX1 1BX
- Tuesdays – 10am – Summertown – Meet at NOA Community Centre, OX2 7DP
- Wednesdays – 10am – Hinksey Park – Meet in the car park, OX1 4RR. (Note the first walk of every month will take place at 10.15 from Christ Church Meadows, all other walks will take place from Hinksey Park)
- Wednesdays – 11am – Donnington Health Walk – Meet outside Donnington Health Centre, OX4 4DH
- Wednesdays – 12 – Meet inside Barton Neighbourhood Centre, OX3 9LS
- Thursdays – 10am – Meet at the East Oxford Health Centre, OX4 1GE
- Thursdays – 1.30-2.30pm- Jericho Health Walk – Meet inside the Jericho Health Centre, in the reception area. OX2 6AE
- Fridays – 10am – Bury Knowle Park – Meeting outside Headington library, OX3 9HY
- Saturdays – 10-11am – University Parks, Meet at Keble Gate, OX1 3QG